Tuesday 10 June 2008

Hot summer days are here! Hooray!

Though we're stuck in the city, we would love to be at the beach- so we've been singing I do like to be beside the seaside and sorting through boxes of shells. 

I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea
I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom
Where the brass band plays tiddly-om-pom-pom
Just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee
And there's lots of girls besides 
That I'd like to be beside
Beside the seaside, beside the sea

It would sound great on the ukelele, sung with a cheeky wink at the last few lines!

Try this clip of Basil Rathbone for size.....

I've also been trying to learn the sea shells tonguetwister......

She sells sea shells on the sea shore
The shells that she sells are sea shells I'm sure
So if she sells shells on the sea shore
I'm sure she sells seashore shells

... but even just writing it out gets my brain all twisted! I want to do it at Rhymetime, but just can't get it straight. At least it makes my kids laugh!

No comments: